Companies are spending millions to have a mere 30 second commercial on live TV during the Super Bowl.
For most businesses, that is a lot of money to be spending for a 30 second spot. Do they really pay off, or are they nothing but waste of precious resources? Ydraw is here to look at whether or not these ads are good advertisements to base our video scribing videos on.
Why is it that Apple and Google are not marketing commercials durng the Super Bowl, but companies like Chrystler who are struggling for money are? Do Super Bowl commercials pay for themselves at the end of the day? If they do work, the next question would have to be: Who are the marketing companies behind these awful TV ads?
Lets take a look…
The Consumer Mind:
1. What keeps consumers awake at night, indigestion boiling up their esophagus, eyes open, starting at the ceiling?
2. What are consumers afraid of, angry about, who are they angry at?
3. What are consumer’s top 3 daily frustrations?
4. What trends are occurring–and will occur–in a consumer businesses or lives?
5. What do consumers secretly desire most?
6. Is there a built-in bias to the way consumers make decisions? (For example engineers tend to be exceptionally analytic)
7. Do these specific consumers have their own language?
8. Who else is selling something similar?
9. Who else has tried to sell something similar and how?
Components of a Great Ad:
1. Providing a Single Message
2. Having a Catchy Phrase or Jingle
3. Featuring Memorable Characters
4. Using Consistent Design Elements throughout the Ad
5. Work to build up an Emotional Response to viewers
Super Bowl Commercials: The Good and the Bad
The Coke Commercial: Polar Bears and Coca Cola are not a new thing. In this commercial, there could have been so many more fun and exciting ways to promote Coke. Viewers are tired of keeping up with the polar bear story, they want to see something new. They want to see how Coke will make their lives better, why they need to have it, and how it is better than competitors.
Commercials used in the Super Bowl can be extremely impacting, but how can they have more impact? How can they be even more beneficial to companies that are paying big bucks for benefit? How can they help Ydraw with their video scribing?
Please share thoughts and add comments, whats a great strategy to make a commercial amazing? Are these good tips and tricks for a video scribing video?
Latest posts by Ydraw (see all)
- Ninja Dog Lost - July 28, 2015
- The Best Whiteboard Animation Company – Whiteboard Videos - May 26, 2015
- You’re Not Getting Enough Views. YouTube Ads Will Help. - April 22, 2015