How To Win Friends and Influence People is a great book that helps you improve your life by giving you practical advice and techniques to get out of a mental rut and make life more rewarding. The following mind map is a perfect way to remember the book.
Mind Mapping can go hand in hand with Video Scribing. It is a way to take written and verbal messages and create a more visual stimulating message. A mind map is a diagram that usually starts with a single concept which will take place in the middle, and then things and ideas will branch out from that one concept.
This can help with video scribing, as a company has a specific point they would like to get across to their viewers. From that main point, or single concept, we are able to expand on that concept. Branching off with ideas of how this main point can help the viewers, why they need this in their lives, why the company or product is better than any other one on the market, etc…
Think of it as a visual rough draft of a video compilation.
According to Tony Buzan, the psychologist and television personality who made the mind map popular, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind when creating a mind map. Here they are.
- Start in the center with an image of the topic, using at least 3 colors.
- Use images, symbols, codes, and dimensions throughout your mind map.
- Select key words and print using upper or lower case letters.
- Each word/image is best alone and sitting on its own line.
- The lines should be connected, starting from the central image. The lines become thinner as they radiate out from the center.
- Make the lines the same length as the word/image they support.
- Use multiple colors throughout the mind map, for visual stimulation and also for encoding or grouping.
- Develop your own personal style of mind mapping.
- Use emphasis and show associations in your mind map.
- Keep the mind map clear by using radial hierarchy or outlines to embrace your branches.
I decided to build a Mind Mapping Resume to show a little different way to present a resume. If you have any questions about mind mapping please let us know.