Video Project for RockAuto.com
1000’s of small businesses and Government Agencies use Ydraw to create and deliver their message. We are a Video Marketing Company that can Discover, Create, and Deliver your story!
Government POC: Curtis Pace
Address: 249 East Tabernacle Suite 100 Saint George, UT 84770
Work Area: Global
What Make US Different?
8 years of experience
3000 + VideoS Created
PRnews Platinum PSA Award
2018 Clutch Global Leader Award
Gold Addy Awards
NAICS: 512110 – Video production
NAICS: 541830 – Media Buying Agencies
NAICS: 512191 – Other Postproduction Services
Set-Aside: Small Business (SB)
Why work with us? Because we are funny, good looking, and people say things like…
“This is incredible. There’s something about the animation that inherently makes the viewer so much more in tune. This has such shareability. This is going viral, I’m calling it. Value value value value value.”
Ydraw’s Recommendation for RockAuto.com
Over the years, RockAuto.com has been using animation videos for advertising. “Explainer Videos” over the last year have become a little less popular because people have seen so many of them. For this reason, Ydraw recommends telling stories. We envision using actual customer stories, whether they are funny stories that have happened because they received the wrong part from an auto parts store…or inspirational stories from when they searched high and low and couldn’t find the correct part…and guess who saved the day. We’re assuming you have received quite a few of these stories over the years and we’d like to turn them into animation videos. It is incredible the response you get from Story Videos. We aren’t “explaining” why someone needs to use your services, we are giving them “social proof” as to why they need to use your services through the testimonials of your past clients. Here are a few examples of story videos, that bring home my point:
The Answers To Your Specific Questions:
– After reviewing our past commercials, what is a realistic budget for production of a 30 second spot? A 15 second? If you go in the direction of the animated stories like I shared above, the pricing would be:
$5,000 for 30 seconds
$3,000 for 15 seconds
– Can you explain your overall process on how an idea turns into a video? It takes approximately 21-30 days to complete a video, depending on how quickly we receive feedback from your team. Our first phase is the scripting and sceneplanning phase. We jump on a kick-off call with your team to see what style and type of video you want, what the message is, who the target audience is, what feel/tone of video you want. Within 48 hours you’ll receive the rough draft of the script. You’ll give us your feeback and within a day or 2 we’ll send you the second version of the script, which will also include the scenplan. The scenplan is basically a storyboard in word format. You’ll see exactly how we envision bringing your script to life. It is so much easier to change some words and a description if you don’t like an idea, than it is to re-draw and illustrate a bad idea…so Ydraw’s clients absolutely love the “Sceneplan” You get 3-4 rounds of revisions in this phase. Once the sceneplan is approved we storyboard everything out. Withing about 5-7 days you’ll receive your entire storyboard and a more detailed scenplan called our drawing sequence. It explains exactly when things will be drawn animated, digtally popped in etc…We’ll go back and forth a little bit on this to make sure you absolutely love the storyboard and video direction. We allow 1 comprehensive round to the storyboard and a couple other minor tweaks if necessary. Once the storyboard is approved we’ll move to editing. Here we’ll help you choose your professional voice talent, and we’ll put everything together. In about 7 more days you’ll receive your final video. After a couple minor tweaks to the video, you’ll be all finished!
– What is your billing structure? Do you bill per hour? Flat rate for everything? Are there limits on edits and revisions? All our pricing is for everything from start to finish. As explained in the process, each step has built in revisions. I can send you a contract so you can see the cost associated with additional revisions, but rarely do we charge a client for additional fees. We like everything to be super cut and dry and make sure you LOVE your video!
– What is the typical job completion time? 21-30 days per video. We can rush it in 5 days if necessary and we can leap frog steps simultaneously to get out more videos per month if necessary. Example: in one day we can have a kick-off call for a new script, go over a sceneplan for video 3, review artwork for video 2, and approve video 1.
– We would also require worldwide copyright ownership of the product content. Is that something you can provide? You can use your video however you please and on any platform, so yes you have the rights to do that. We still however, contain rights to the characters. Not that we will purposely use your characters in another video, but we do many videos and years down the road we could possibly have a character that looks similar to yours and we don’t want you suing another company for copyright infringements. Hopefully that makes sense to you.
A Bunch of Other Ydraw Styles and Options
Pricing for a 30 second spot
Budget Whiteboard – $3,000
We created a series of 30 videos for Ford Motor Company in Japan. They had a tighter budget so we simplified the characters and backgrounds. You can see that it is simple line-work with a tiny bit of grey shading to bring shape to the characters. I can see this as a really great option for Hyundai, with a smaller budget, but something much more engaging than the previous videos.
Standard Whiteboard – $3,500
With our Standard Whiteboard Package, we’re able to put much more detail in the characters and backgrounds. We’re also able to add more shading and rendering to the characters, add some color, and even do some pose swap animations if necessary.
One of my favorite Corporate Training videos is Vital Smarts. We teach a concept by using a live spokesperson and embellish his story with a Calvin and Hobbes style whiteboard animation. I absolutely love this way of teaching! This video is the same price as our Standard Whiteboard video + price of live actor if applicable.
Premium Whiteboard – $4,000
With Premium, the Creative Director doesn’t have to be held back at all. We can add in animations, movement, full color, whatever it takes to make it the best whiteboard you have ever encountered.
This first one is a series of corporate training videos we created for Booz Allen Hamilton. I absolutely love how much fun we can have with full-color Calvine and Hobbes style artwork.
Line Character Animation – $5,000
These videos are fully animated, but the style is more simple to create and animate compared to frame-by-frame full color characters.
2D Animation – $6,000 per minute
We created this style because full 2D animation is typically too expensive for most companies. We do full color images, but simplify the frame-by-frame animation to keep cost down. All these videos come with full color and custom composed music and SFX.
Here are a couple 2D videos we did for the Ford Motor training series.
And Still More Styles You Can Choose From. Let’s keep going.
Full 2D Animation
This is full 2D frame-by-frame animation illustrated at 8-12 frames per second.
No Name Style
We still don’t know what to call this style. We took a serious story and created a serious video. We could do more to help addicts.
Whiteboard video, without the artist illustrating. Take the hand out and do it all digitally.
Line Blueprint Animation
Animation we created for the “Blueprint for America” book for the Hoover Institution.
Realistic artwork revealed with digital splashes of ink.
If you want to go all out with animation…go 3D.
That’s a great quote and testimony to what you do!
Ydraw has been so awesome to work with; I’ve never worked with a more upbeat, willing to help, team of people. Everyone we worked with along the way made the process easy and enjoyable, and the talent your team has, is amazing!
Even Arnold Loves Our Videos.
Maybe your story is boring and your audience is distracted. If you’re looking for a better way to tell the story behind your product or service, it’s time to talk!
The time has come for you to pick up the phone and give us a call.
We can be reached at 801-360-6263. Or, if you’re shy, you can email us at email@example.com